Tuesday, September 8, 2009

For Kacie :)

So.... Kacie insists I don't update enough. She's probably right. It's just that when I get home from work, I've been on the computer all day and the last thing I want to do is update. I should probably start keeping a Word document open at work and write stuff from there and email it to myself so I can post it later. But considering I just now thought of doing that, I haven't done it yet. And also considering I just have THREE WEEKS left at work, that might not happen now either. Oh well!

So yeah, I have three weeks left at work. I'm officially making the move up to Boston on October 2nd. My little brother Jon is going to skip class on that Friday and drive up with me. We're going to *try* to drive to New York (to Ian's parents' house) in one day and spend the night there just so we don't have to deal with trying to find a hotel that will take the dogs. Then the next day it will only be three more hours to make it to Boston.

Speaking of which, the movers are coming to pick up all of our stuff on Thursday. Yeah, Thursday. Like, two days from now - September 10. And yes, I said I'm moving on October 2nd. So that means I will get to spend 3 weeks sleeping on an air mattress and living in a house with ZERO furniture. Actually, that's not entirely true. We're not taking our dining table with us because there's no room in the apartment. So I'll have that :) And an air mattress. Should be fun. Don't be annoyed if I come part myself on your couch and watch TV for awhile. It's just cuz I miss my furniture :)

For the past few weeks, my friend Emily has been living with me in our guest room. It's been the best experience.... I've gotten to know her so much better as a friend and it's been so nice not to be alone at the house every day. She's been such an incredible help with the dogs and our Sunday cookouts have been so much fun! Moving away from Tuscaloosa - while it was definitely time for us to move on - is so bittersweet. We have such an amazing group of friends and I'm going to miss all of you SO much. I had great friends in Starkville, obviously... but it's been a LONG time (if ever) that I've had such a solid GROUP of friends to rely on. It's just been so amazing to know that if I'm ever bored there will always be somebody that will go to dinner or have a beer with me. That's so hard to find and I truly will miss that opportunity. BUT... we have a guest room and I demand that everyone come visit. :) We'll try to make it back to Ttown every now and then too!

So anyway, I'm headed back to Tuscaloosa tomorrow after a long weekend in Boston. We went to Lowe's today and bought area rugs for the new place. The whole apartment is hardwood, and I don't do cold feet so rugs were a must. They're actually quite cute! I can't wait to get all of our stuff up here and get moved in and settled and find a job and move on with this chapter in our life. It's going to be fun and exciting, but I'm definitely a little scared right now. I just hope that I can find a job, that we can sell our house, and that I can sell our car so we won't have so many expenses. I'm optimistic that everything will work out just fine.

Alright, there's my update. It's quite rambly but it's the best I can do for now :)

Kacie - I'm so incredibly happy for you and Judd and little Caroline. I'm completely in awe when I look at her pictures. I know you are going to be the most amazing parents, and I hope that everything works out just perfectly for you. I hope to see you soon! Love :)

1 comment:

Kacie said...

What a great update!! I can't believe you're living w/o furniture for that long!! I hope everything works out for y'all...I know it will! You need to meet Caroline! I miss and love you and please continue updating since my phone time is few and far between! (I totally just typed all of this with one hand...and it was my left one!)