Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Product plug

I'm typically not that loyal to a product... With the exception of 2 makeup items - my fave mascara and bare minerals foundation.








 
 I tend to like to mix it up when I buy new things.  Shampoo/Conditioner, soap, deodorant, toothpaste, facewash... you name it.  I like to try new things.  That being said, I've never found a body lotion that I really really liked... until last December.  We were at Ian's parents' house for our engagement party and Robin and I were changing upstairs after the party.  There was a bottle of lotion on the desk in Ian's sister's room and my legs needed a little moisture, so I used some.  And fell in love.  And then we parted ways and never saw each other again.

Until today.

Literally, at every single store I've been to since that day I've looked in the lotion aisle for it.  First logical place to look?  Wal-Mart.  Nope.  Target? CVS?  Walgreens? Random pharmacy?  No, no, no, no.  I pretty much thought I'd never see it again.  It's not a crazy weird brand, I didn't think.  I'd heard of it, so it wasn't obscure.  But nobody had it.  Not just the specific variety I wanted, the brand didn't seem to exist anymore.  So today I walked down the street to our local Rite Aid to buy a razor since mine went M.I.A. during the drive up here and I've been using Ian's.  Boys razors just aren't the same.  I grabbed a couple other random items (the best thing about walking to the store is that you aren't tempted to buys tons of stuff because you have to carry it back.  ha!) and headed for the checkout.  And there, sitting on the shelf among all the other lotions that I hated, was this:


And I was happy :)

So here I am, chilling on the couch with the dogs (who are all fresh and clean from their baths today. Biscuit hates me now...) watching The Hills and The City while Ian has dinner out with some colleagues.  Normally I always wear PJ pants around the house because I'm cold, but today I've opted for just a Tshirt... 

Because my legs feel so good :-)


1 comment:

Kacie said...

Love the last part! ;) Yay for finding it! (By the way, we use the same mascara!) I'm exactly the same. I buy a different makeup brand every single time except for my eyeliner. lol. Judd told me the other day if I buy one more shampoo, he'll kill me on the spot!