Monday, October 5, 2009

Finally...

So... we made it.  my little brother and I left out of Tuscaloosa around 5:20 am on Friday and drove allllll day until we made it to Ian's parents house in Chappaqua, New York.  It was just shy of 17 hours.  Geez.  We gave the dogs some sedatives and put them in the back seat... except the back seat was PACKED with stuff.  You absolutely would not believe how much stuff we fit in my car.  It was ridiculous.  The dogs had to sit on top of 2 sets of sheets, 2 pillows, and 2 comforters.  Biscuit could just barely stand up if she needed to.  It looked pretty cozy though!  I would've liked to curl up in a ball on top of blankets for the drive.  Would've been better than driving.  The sedatives didn't knock them out either.  It just made them droopy and tired... they slept for a good part of the drive, but the rest of the time, they would just lie there and look out the window.  All in all, not nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be.  We hit some terrible road construction combined with torrential rain in Pennsylvania - but other than that, it just sprinkled and drizzled all day.

We spent the night in Chappaqua, then got up around 10 to head on to Boston.  It's about 3 more hours... and we were exhausted.  We finally made it and had a minor disaster trying to parallel park my car when I couldn't see out any of the windows.  We ended up finding a spot that I could just pull into... thank God.  I was so ready to get out of that car.  We unpacked the car (in the rain) and finally sat down to relax for a little bit.  We hung out at the apartment and watched football, then walked to dinner a couple blocks down the street to The Playwright.  It was delicious!

After that, we walked home and passed out.  Then I had to get up at 4:30 to take Jon to the airport.  Fortunately I was able to fall back asleep when I got back and finally got a little bit of rest.

I'm so happy to be here finally.  The last two months were exhausting.  Finishing up my time at work, packing up the house, living without furniture, sleeping on an air mattress, spending some amazing time with friends, and finally moving up here.

I miss all of my friends SO much!  I really got to know two of you so much better in the last two months, and I wish we'd had more time to spend together!  Hopefully I'll see you soon!

Now, to get this apartment in order and find a job.  As soon as I get everything somewhat organized, I'll take pictures :-)

3 comments:

Jessie Jones said...

I can't wait to see pictures!!! Glad you are there safely, but so sad you're not in town with us....

Thinking of you,
Jessie

Audra Laney said...

Glad you made it! I can't wait to see pictures!

Belle said...

I was sending good thoughts your way all weekend. I'm glad to hear that you made it safe and sound.

-C.