Sunday, October 5, 2008

I'm baaaack!

Just got back from Mississippi... I had a great weekend! I left straight from work in Birmingham on Friday afternoon and drove to my grandparents house where we had a big fish fry with all the fish that my stepdad caught last week. My uncle was also in town from Texas with a friend that he works with... the guy is from Louisiana and brought some boudin (pronounced boo-dan) which is a super spicy rice-stuffed sausage. It was so good... and great to get to hang out with the whole family for a change.

Got up Saturday morning and Mom and I headed for Brinkley, Arkansas, home of Low's Bridal, (<------ right there! that place is ginormous.) where I found my wedding dress! It ended up being the first one I tried on at the store (I'd tried on many many dresses before at Kleinfeld's (home of "Say Yes to the Dress" on TLC) and also at Christine's Couture in Starkville (fabulous store owned by a friend from high school). Anyway, it was the first one I saw and tried on there, and it ended up being the one! I won't spoil the secret, in case Ian is reading, but I'll say that it's made by Pronovias of Barcelona and is their White One label. And it's gorgeous. I can't wait!

In celebration of buying the dress, I made a trip to the gym this afternoon :) Gotta make sure it fits! Now I'm home and tired and soooo dreading the week of work ahead. I guess I'll lie on the couch and be a bum for a little bit and catch up on Project Runway. I sooo hope Kenley goes home.

No comments: