Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Long time no post!

Saying "no post" makes me nervous. It's a bank thing...

Anyway.... New Years was awesome. Ian was gone for way too long, so Patrick and I loaded up in my car on NYE when I got off work at 2 and drove down to New Orleans to see him (and Kat... I'm not sure Patrick missed Ian enough to drive 4 hours). Me, Ian, Walsh, Megan, Kat, Patrick, Josh, and one of his friends all went out to a great dinner then headed down to Bourbon street for some New Years craziness. It was sooooo crowded, but we ended up having a pretty good time. Poor Kat had knee surgery a week before so she had on a huge brace and crutches and she was such a trooper fighting through the crowds patiently while people slammed into her. Her poor leg was all swollen after the night but she never complained once. She's a better person than I am! I would have been C-R-A-N-K-Y. We had some delicious hand grenades at Tropical Isle then went over to another little bar closer to our hotel. Then Patrick and I got up early and left at 10am to come back. Entirely too short! I wish we could've stayed longer and gone shopping and whatnot, but maybe next time! We're thinking my bachelorette party will be in N.O. so we'll take care of that then :)

Ian and I went and looked at cars today... but we only had time to go to the Ford place. He test drove an Escape and I actually liked it a lot! We're going to check out XTerras and a couple of others and also some other cars for me, so I'm excited! Any suggestions? I'm thinking a little coupe of some sort, possibly an Altima or Accord. We'll see!

We're meeting with the caterer for the wedding sometime this week... I can't believe how fast time has passed. It seems like we've only been engaged for a month or so and it's been 8 months! The wedding is only 4 months from Friday! Yikes! It's been fun hammering down some of the details though... we still need to order invitations (like, fast!) and find a band. Anybody know a good one that'll come to Birmingham? Mom is working on the favors and we've gotten part of the bridesmaids' gifts made (sooo cute). I can't wait for my dress to come in... we ordered it in October and it's still not scheduled to be here till mid February. I hope it fits!!! I'll just feel better once it's here so I'll know what I need to do to make it fit :) We've got the honeymoon all booked also, but we still need to book the flights. We're going to Costa Rica! I absolutely cannot wait. We considered lots of places, but in the end we figured we could lie on a beach all day in Alabama, so why go away somewhere to do that? We wanted to have fun! So we're going to ride a zipline through the jungle, dive into canyons, and rappell down waterfalls! So much fun :) Speaking of the honeymoon, Ian just walked in here so we're going to look for flights. Wish me luck! I'll check back later...

No comments: